Bringing our individual talents and experience from a range of different fields and backgrounds, we collaborate across teams to deliver the best possible results.
We are problem solvers who love a challenge. Working together to unleash our full potential, every employee is constantly evolving and expanding their knowledge and skills.
We value our clients and the work that we do for them, aligning our goals with their objectives to ensure we have a positive impact.
Do you share our values, have drive and energy and want to join a fast-paced business, one of the highest rated consultancies in the UK?
Starcount have developed and continue to develop products that provide rich insight and activation capabilities based on the behaviour of over 1.3 billion people globally.
Working alongside our product engineers and data scientists, you will take a lead role in bringing these customers to life for the world’s leading brands, media owners and agencies, through innovative and intuitive data visualisations and user experience. As the UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for understanding client challenges, creating user flows and defining and developing the UIs for Starcount’s products; The Observatory and Audiences.
On a day-to-day basis, you can expect a mix of defining and delivering new data visualizations, drawing up wireframes to illuminate new ideas and prototyping complete UIs to bring your ideas to life and enable Starcount’s engineers to make them a reality.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience designing responsive web applications from the ground up
- Experience defining user journeys and bringing these to life through interactive prototypes
- A strong portfolio demonstrating innovation as well as pragmatism
- Pixel-perfect attention to responsive, fluid design; excellent layout, typography, illustration and visualization skills
- Comfortable collaborating with front and back-end engineers. This will be a mix of handing off designs and being available to explain features in more detail
- Up-to-date with the latest UI and data visualisation trends, techniques and technologies
- The ability to influence, inspire and collaborate with your colleagues
- Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-technical audience; including business, product and technology teams
- Passion for data visualisation and infographics and turning data into understanding, action and value creation. Understanding of the principles of information architecture is a plus
- Applications that you will likely use at Starcount: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
Starcount is a Data Science company, blending proprietary technology and machine learning with a deep expertise and pedigree in data-based insights. Expert in the science of purchase and intent, we hand our clients the tools and power to take control of their data, to improve customer understanding and transform business performance.
Businesses and organizations across industry sectors rely on data to stay relevant and fuel growth. Most companies understand just two dimensions of data: who their customers are and what they’ve bought. They struggle to truly understand and capitalise on the sheer volume of information at their disposal. Our understanding of emotional analytics makes us different. Fuelled by diverse datasets, we work with clients to rapidly navigate and map their customers and their passions, predicting future buying behaviour. We then embed that knowledge throughout their business, giving clients the tools and power to make the most effective use of their data.
Our founders, Clive Humby and Edwina Dunn pioneered this at dunnhumby and over the past 15 years have championed functional loyalty with the biggest retailers and consumer goods organisations across the world.