We are excited to announce that this year, on the 10th and 11th of October, Starcount will be attending the Festival of Marketing!
Over 4,000 people will be coming to the Tobacco Dock (Address: Tobacco Quay, Wapping Ln, Wapping, London E1W 2SF) where Starcount will have an Exhibition Pod at the Insight Hub. We will be showcasing our brand new geodemographic segmentation tool GeoDynamix, as well as discussing our latest insights and sharing our roadmap for future releases.
On Thursday 10th October at 11:25 – 12:00 Starcount’s Chief Data Scientist, Clive Humby will be leading a Jam Session at the Insight Hub on “The Evolution of Relevant Targeting” which will tackle questions such as “Why is relevant targeting important? How has it evolved over the decades? How can businesses do it well?” Some of the points he will touch on include the following:
- It has been estimated that 80% of the £21 billion a year spent on advertising in the UK is wasted.
- Relevant and personalised communications across multiple channels can deliver a 20-30% increase in ROI.
- True customer loyalty can only be achieved by brands that resonate with consumers.
- Future relevant targeting methods will require granular knowledge of both where your customers are and what they are passionate about.
Clive, who pioneered geodemographic science back in the 1980s and authored the first geolocation tool ACORN, will explain the journey from early quantitative methods to modern programmatic marketing, and how the concept of our new product GeoDynamix was born.
Edwina will also be hosting a Jam Session from 14:20 – 14:55 on Friday 11th October. The session is titled “Knowing your customers; easy to say, so hard to do!” which amongst other topics will cover:
- The main factors shaping the industry’s future, specifically the ethics surrounding data ownership and customer rights to privacy.
- The current opportunities within the industry, namely the benefits of combining data across company walls and the potential to collaborate and build vast, open-source databases.
- The importance of identifying and adapting to emerging trends.
Come on down to Pod IH6 to see what we’re up to and get a free demo of GeoDynamix. We look forward to showing you what we’ve been working on.