Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your Internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
Much of the underlying data and images on the site is obtained from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo, Youku, Orkut, Mixi, VKontakte, Renren and other social networks and data services. The Copyright in this data is held by Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo, Youku, Orkut, Mixi, VKontakte, Renren and/ or the respective users of these and other services. We use this information under license. The arrangement, categorisation, compilation and presentation of this data, as well as all articles and other editorial content on the site is our copyright.
You may print off our data for personal use, you may link to our site, copy and publish excerpts where this does not infringe the IP rights of the Social Networks or their users. Our status (and that of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo, Youku, Orkut, Mixi, VKontakte, Renren and others as suppliers of the data) must be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We hope at some point be in a position to share some of our data via an API but in the meantime, you must observe the above terms.
starcount, the starcount logo and the starcount design are trademarks or trade dress of starcount, and may not be used without express written permission from starcount, other than for attribution. All other trademarks not owned by starcount that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by starcount.
starcount-originated content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, software and the compilation of all content on the Site, is the property of starcount and its licensors and protected by Singapore and international copyright laws. Except as set out in these Terms, no reproduction of any starcount -originated content is permitted without written permission from starcount.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the use, or inability to use, our site.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Registering on the site and uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to register or upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the below acceptable content standards. You must ensure any material or communication:
- Is truthful and accurate, to the best of your knowledge. Where, in registering to use or upload content or data to the site, you are required to provide information, you must always provide accurate and truthful information and shall ensure such information is kept up to date.
- Is compliant with applicable law in Singapore and in any country where posted.
- Does not contain any material which is defamatory or libelous.
- Does not contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, or which causes annoyance or invades another's privacy.
- Does not contain sexually explicit material, promote illegal activity, violence or discrimination or any kind.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or assist or promote such infringement.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Does not impersonate any person or organisation, or misrepresent your identity in any way.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. You acknowledge you are fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. You must not access our site via bots, crawlers or through automated means.
By breaching some of these provisions, you may be committing a criminal offence under Singapore law. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Singapore courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Your use of our site
We hope you enjoy our site but, for avoidance of doubt, you may NOT use our site in the following ways:
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or breaches any applicable law or regulation.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware or any other harmful computer code.
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- To access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site or the equipment and software it utilises.
If you have any concerns about these terms or material which appears on our site, please contact us. email@example.com