Social Network Trend Data
The statistical data displayed on our website, and used across our various services, relates to usage and trends within major social networks, such as Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, Google+, SinaWeibo, TencentWeibo, Youku, Orkut, Mixi, VKontakte, Renren and other services.
With the exception of personal data which users have specifically given us access to, through inputting directly on our site, any personal data we collect or use is either:
- 1.) Publicly available from social networks without authentication. Celebrity and brand chart categorisations / biogs and other such data is derived from what is displayed publicly on the social networks or on other public sources such as wikipedia and news reports. Currently anyone surfing the internet can access this social network information we publish, from the sites themselves without registration, from search engines, and from any applications (such as ours) that utilise the APIs of these services.
- Your consent to our use of your publically available data from the social networks being displayed on our website is based on your privacy settings on the social networks themselves. If you do not wish for your data to appear on services like ourselves, the best solution is to change your privacy settings on the social networks themselves or, if not possible or preferred, to remove your accounts from those networks. If, after changing privacy settings or deleting accounts on these social networks, you still for any reason notice personal data on our site please contact us.
- 2.) Personal Data that you have specifically consented to provide to us using Starcount – through connecting to us via a social network. If you authenticate with Starcount using a social network (for example, as part of the registration process for our Fan Charts) you will be asked as part of that process to make available certain information from those networks. By consenting to this process, you consent to provide your data to Starcount.
- We shall only publish or use non-publicly available personal data from social networks where you have requested that we include, and you have granted us access to, such data, through this process. You may revoke such access at any time. And you may also remove your information from Starcount.com by deleting your account in your user settings at Starcount.com.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Starcount.com (our site).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (see IP ADDRESSES and COOKIES, below).
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users, or use aggregate information to help target advertisements more appropriately.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our site is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
If there are particular concerns you have with our trend data, data of users of the site and data obtained from cookies, then please send an email for the attention of the the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Data of users of this site
In addition to the data we collect and publish on social network charts/ trends/audiences, we also may collect and process some personal data from general site users in the day to day administration of the site:
Information we may collect from you
Above and beyond our social network statistical and categorical data, we may collect and process the following data about you:
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal data from children under 14. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such personal data, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or delete the personal data.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They may be used, for example:
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
General site user information may be used in the following ways:
WE WILL NEVER USE, NOR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF BULK UNSOLICITED MAIL.
Our social network trend and related social media data and content may be published in our web applications at Starcount.com, on our mobile and other applications, on third party sites, publications and applications, and in any B2B applications and products, operated by Starcount or its partners or licensees.
Disclosure of your information
In addition to the uses made of information, above, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our company, or related holding company/ subsidiaries.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
Accessing and updating your personal information
We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate reasonable requests to access your data. We will also make reasonable attempts to ensure personal data is accurate and complete. Where reasonably requested, we will also cease to retain personal data or remove the means by which personal data can be associated with individuals, except where we have to keep the data for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.